Perform Local Open pairing, requesting the specified username.
Local open pairing uses the trusted local network (LAN) pairing mechanism. No password is required for pairing and no invitation is needed, anybody on the LAN can initiate pairing.
This function is meant to be used in a Kotlin coroutine to suspend execution until the operation has completed.
suspend fun IamUtil.awaitPairLocalOpen( connection: Connection, desiredUsername: String, )
- An established connection to the device this client should be paired with
- Assign this username on the device if available (pairing fails with .USERNAME_EXISTS if not)
- if desiredUsername is already in use on the device
- if desiredUsername is not valid as per https://docs.nabto.com/developer/api-reference/coap/iam/post-users.html#request
- if the device configuration does not support local open pairing (the
IAM:PairingLocalOpenaction is not set for the Unpaired role or the device does not support the pairing mode at all)
- if the pairing mode is configured on the device but is disabled at runtime
- if Nabto Edge IAM is not supported by the device